Health IQ believes those living a healthy lifestyle are overpaying for their insurance. We are the only company that combines your current health, health literacy and active lifestyle to better predict your long-term health, getting you rates up to 41% lower.
We're an innovative insurance startup using science and data to negotiate special rates on insurance for health conscious communities like runners, cyclists, vegans, yogis, weightlifters, etc. Our goal is to improve the health of the world by rewarding those living a healthy lifestyle with social and financial rewards.
Health IQ's quiz was the first comprehensive measure of just how health literate a person is. To create it we hired 35 notable experts, including 3 faculty members from Harvard Medical School, the head orthopedic surgeon for the US Olympic team, prominent Yogis, published dietitians, and more. Together they wrote 30,000 questions. We calibrated these questions with a panel of 750,000 to find which health facts mattered the most.
Today over 1M people have taken the Health IQ Quiz. Health IQ is licensed in all 50 states and we’ve secured more than $31B in life insurance coverage for cyclists, runners, weightlifters, high intensity interval training athletes, tennis players, swimmers, vegans, vegetarians, avid fitness enthusiasts, dedicated athletes, and those living a healthy lifestyle.
Our diverse team has overcome their own personal health challenges with healthier habits, routine exercise, and better nutrition. We practice what we preach. If this mission and celebratory approach really resonates with you, apply to join our team!
The Visual Designer is called on to perform many tasks with a primary focus on digital experiences: website design and updates, and conversion-focused landing page optimization. In addition, the designer assists in concept/development of other media such as emails, brand identity, and custom graphics. Collaboration is key as this designer will need to be comfortable operating independently & communicate between multiple departments (Creative, Marketing, Engineering, & Product) to establish and deliver innovative and creative strategies.
- Understand the business requirements, user journey, and customer voice in the execution of user-centered designs
- Collaborate with marketing team members on broadly defined concepts to understand strategy & scope to deliver tailored experiences for the consumer
- Work with fellow creatives and take on shared ownership of the company’s visual identity
- Participate in creative brainstorms, brand development, product launches, website innovation, and more
- Form strong relationships with development & product teams so you can work independently to see your designs from concept to final execution
- Incorporate feedback from Creative Director, Compliance, and directly from Stakeholders into final designs
- Take complex data and present it in a clear, digestible way
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapid changes
- Advocate your ideas and present design concepts to marketing team and stakeholders
- Keep on top of and employ industry and design best practices
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience and a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- Experience in Figma or similar UI/prototyping tool to create website & landing page mockups
- Proficiency designing conversion-focused landing pages in Unbounce or similar landing page platform
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Highly responsible, dependable, great follow-through, organized and deadline oriented
- Proficient in Adobe Suite – particularly Photoshop and Illustrator
- Willing to collaborate on, advocate for, and confidently present your ideas
- Understands the principles of digital marketing and advanced design
- Self-directed learner
Nice to Haves:
- Basic HTML/CSS/JS (for communication with dev teams)
- Email platform experience (such as Oracle Eloqua, Marketing Cloud, etc.)
- Webflow (or the aptitude to learn)
- Designing for traditional media (such as direct mail & print)
- Familiar with ADA Accessibility guidelines
Join the Health Conscious Workplace of the Future
To make the world a healthier place, we started in our backyard. We created a health-conscious environment that allows each of our employees to reach their personal health goals. Below are a few of the employee-led programs that make working at Health IQ truly unique.
1. Nutritionally Supportive Environment - Anyone who has tried to stay healthy knows it’s hard to stick to your particular nutritional goals throughout the day with soda, chips, and sugary treats all around you. So we provide our employees with quality food and snack options, like a limitless supply of organic nuts, fruits, and veggies instead.
2. Optional Fitness Time - Instead of the usual ping pong table, we’ve dedicated space for our employees to enjoy yoga, spin bikes, exercise equipment, and other wellness activities. We believe a healthy body is at the core of a healthy mind, so whether it’s time for a walk, using the exercise equipment, or daily meditation, we make it easy.
3. Casual Office Attire - Ever dream of coming to work in your casual fitness attire? Well, that's how we roll at Health IQ! Be comfortable and let your fitness fashion shine!
4. Like-Minded Coworkers - At the end of the day, we are a business-minded insurance company and we use analytics to measure our success and drive our business. Coming to work and working hard however is much more fun when you are surrounded by like-minded people who are motivated by the same personal goals as you. Our employees are making friends that will last a lifetime.
5. Motivate and Compete - Many of our employees are current or former athletes who are competitive and like to win. They motivate each other to do their personal best every day, and together we win as a team and as a company!
6. Excellent benefits - We pay 100% of our employees' costs toward medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Are You Ready to Join The Movement?
Health IQ is the internet's fastest growing online Insurance Company in the US. In the last few years, we’ve gone from 0 to $24B in coverage, 0 to 230 employees, 0 to $139MM in venture capital raised. Why is our product selling so fast? We have a data advantage. Health IQ spent 6+ years gathering the science and the proprietary data from our popular Health IQ test (taken 10.2 million times) to convince insurance carriers to give lower rates on life insurance for vegans, marathoners, triathletes, well-controlled diabetics, yogis, Crossfitters, and more. These special rates are exclusive to us saving consumers thousands of dollars each and rewarding them for living a healthy lifestyle.
Hyper-growth means hyper opportunity for employees! While many companies hire managers externally or use a tenure system, we pride ourselves on our cultural value of meritocracy. This means that as we grow and new positions are created, we look to promote our top performers from within. Today over 80% of our managers are promoted from internal roles.
Health IQ believes that everyone can make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or the interview process, please contact email@example.com.
To learn more visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf