Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, and Thumbtack. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth, and conversion optimization.
We are a small team based in San Francisco with additional team members in Asia and Latin America, and we are ready to welcome our next team member!
As a UX/UI Designer, you will be responsible for designing best-in-class, purposeful experiences that drive new user conversion and repeat user/customer growth for Graphite clients. We’re looking for a highly collaborative hands-on individual who is curious, passionate, adaptable, and lives at the intersection of balancing user needs with business goals. You are required to leverage data, user research, and competitive analysis to define growth design strategies. You can identify user motivations, launch experiments, evaluate data and test results, and use qualitative research methods to validate experiments. You are eager to be the best at what you do. You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills. You feel comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration.
What you’ll learn:
- Programmatic SEO: Beyond best-practices, we build SEO engines that scale. Indexation and architectural components, testing infrastructure, and high quality dynamically created local and marketplace content that fulfill the user’s intent.
- Premium Data-Driven Content: Data-driven approaches often lead to heavily optimized mediocrity. Premium approaches often lead to beautiful content with an uncertain return on investment. Often companies either have low-quality data-driven content, or premium content based on intuition. We use proprietary technology that leverages data to quantify the largest content opportunities and combine this with a premium editorial style guide to produce delightful content and drive conversions.
- Growth Design: Based on 10+ years of experience and testing, we provide custom design solutions to dramatically increase key conversion funnels such as New User Experience (NUX), Authentication (Signup & Login), Commerce (Purchase & Cart), and App Growth (New Downloads & Retention).
- Team & Process: In order to build a sustainable robust growth strategy, we focus on building teams and processes that can be successful well beyond our engagement. This starts with creating scalable systems and continues by developing iterative growth processes and teams that can continuously launch improvements that grow conversions.
As a UX / UI designer, you will be responsible for finding opportunities through data and a lot of research. You will be in charge of making high-impact design proposals to increase our client’s conversion metrics.
- Competitive analysis of our clients direct and indirect competitors
- Work closely with design teams, PM’s and Growth Leads.
- Design recommendations for growth.
- Prioritize appropriately: use good judgment to make recommendations
- Build mockups
- Create concepts, user flows, screens, and prototypes for growth.
- Plan and run user tests and other design research.
- Define experiments with Growth Leads as part of the design process
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and mockups.
- Be data-driven and have a strong desire to improve the experience constantly.
- Convert quantitative and qualitative data into design deliverables
- Lead the creative side of driving customer growth, brand awareness, and conversion
- Go beyond best practices and think outside of the box when it comes to growth design strategies.
- Create simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Deep experience in user experience, visual design, and prototyping
- Solid understanding of information architecture and service design
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Analytical thinking with a systems approach to design
- Able to understand the business impact of design decisions and drive meaningful product value
- Understanding of acquisition & conversion, metrics-driven design, and A/B experimentation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and what problems they’re solving
- Expert level skills in Figma or Sketch
- Be comfortable with/or willing to learn Figma.
- Self-manages their tasks and schedules
- Very open to feedback
- A portfolio of successful web and mobile-based projects
- Strong interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills
- A strong understanding of use cases, user flows, and information architecture
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in UI/UX or product design
- Knowledge using Webflow
- Knowledge on Google Optimize, Optimizely, or any split testing tool
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. To facilitate this, we provide:
- Process As Needed - We view the process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
- Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward and your own decisions and outcomes.
- Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
- Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
- Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
- Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.
Graphite provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.