We are the first world school for personal and creative transformation. We enable anyone to explore and book apprenticeships with master artists & makers around the world – the fingerprints of humanity and agents of change. From textile weaving with a prolific artist in Spain, calligraphy with a grandmaster in Kyoto to making a bicycle with India's first bamboo bicycle-maker, it's a chance to learn new skills and immerse into the life of a master – virtually or in-person.
We host a global community of people driven by passion and purpose across 45+ countries. We won the 2019 prestigious Webby Award for Best in Travel Websites, have 98% 5-star guest ratings and been featured in New York Times, Washington Post, WSJ, Travel & Leisure, Artsy and VICE.
We are now in growth mode building the core team after raising a round of funding from amazing investors. With interest in experiences surging amongst a new group of individuals, we’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people who believe in our mission to combine human truth, curiosity, creativity, and human connection to live our best self.
We're currently seeking a high-level product thinker and talented executor to lead design for all of our offerings – website, artist hosting & onboarding, membership platform, mobile app. This Senior Designer will go deep into the needs of our customers, artists, and support them in their end-to-end journey with the product. From designing simple digital solutions for complex systems, to creating roadmaps to deliver impact quickly, this designer will be responsible for visioning, creating, testing, and launching valuable experiences for customers and artists on our platform.
- Understand the company positioning and redesign website site to tell a compelling brand story and make it easy to discover and book online and offline experiences.
- Understand the needs of master artists and make it easy to apply, onboard and help them make better hosts.
- Define + launch new membership platform and new products as business scales.
- Define the visual system, tools and communication style for each of these products.
- Design systems to help attract quality artists + guests within these offerings.
- Build an in-depth understanding of our unique market positioning through keeping a close eye on creative leaders/companies/trends, to then use these findings to develop a forward thinking product strategy that consistently adapts to the company’s target goals.
- Collect, monitor, and analyze meaningful analytics and translate learnings with actionable recos to the team. Bonus
- Prior experience as a product designer at a digital agency or high-growth company
- Background in Art History, Architecture, Product Design or a knowledge of craftsmanship and creative art making
- Diverse network and understanding of key players across modern media companies and communities What you can expect
- You are humble, hungry and smart (We're talking 10/10 on all 3 attributes).
- You align deeply with our mission, ambitious about building from the ground-up and want to play an integral role in shaping the company’s future.
- You are a natural leader with a growth mindset who can set clear objectives and own accountability for bringing product design efforts to life flawlessly and with speed.
- You have a minimum 4 years of experience with end-to-end product design.
- Excellent visual and interaction skills —a master in their field.
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline & online experiences.
- Experience with marketing and making complex services easily digestible for your audience. ● Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills.
- Expertise in Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, Principle, Webflow and other tools for generating wireframes, designs, prototypes and specifications.
- Excellent cross functional collaborator with technology and marketing lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to influence with storytelling.
- Hyper-organized and extremely detail oriented.
- Start-up experience is a bonus.
We are here on a mission to lead the way for best experiences in our category. We will grow with urgency, but thoughtfully.
- You will be part of the core team that shapes the company’s future.
- We have a strong culture of curiosity, creative thinking, ALWAYS learning and being our best self. It allows us to deliver excellence and dedication.
- Our founder has a heart forward, purpose-driven leadership style. We make everyone feel loved, welcome and safe.
- We take ownership at all levels by leading with truth, optimism, tenacity & courage. We do not make excuses.
- We are humans so we provide structure for flexible work hours and limitless time off.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Working here means one artist experience every year - on us, plus swag.
- You will enjoy an immediate global community of master artists/ makers and fascinating people from a variety of creative backgrounds.
- Salary range based on experience and circumstances is $55K-75K and stock options.
For candidates with significant experience, we can discuss additional equity compensation. We are based in New York, but open to remote applications from within the US.
As a Equal Opportunity Employer, we will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.