Providing boutique management & technology solutions to mission-focused organizations. We are an SBA-certified HUBZone organization. #STRATA9 #changemakers
Reporting to the Communications and Engagement Director, the Social Media Assistant will work to maintain and grow a portfolio of online social platforms. The Assistant will create engaging content to keep social media channels and email marketing updated and brand‐focused. This role will also ensure senior leadership is aware of current events and trends by staying up to date on industry news.
- Manages STRATA9 and its clients’ social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant platforms.
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content for approval.
- Optimizes content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay‐per‐click (PPC).
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on STRATA9 and select clients’ websites, and encourages audience participation.
- Keeps track of social media and email marketing trends and competition.
- Deliver monthly reports with statistics and results for each communication channel.
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media and email projects.
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media and email marketing content.
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits.
- Assists in maintaining contact databases for marketing and media.
- Maintain and manage files of client-related press clippings.
- Collect clips by paring down long-form news articles and summing them up into punchy short blurbs, and distribute those clips to internal audiences daily.
- Copy, assemble, and mail press releases, press kits, and other departmental materials as requested.
- 3+ years of administrative, communications, marketing, or social media experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized in task management and strength in organizing clients as well.
- Ability to have both strong attention to detail and a fast task turnaround without impacting quality.
- Demonstrates poise and tact under pressure and handles matters with sound judgment.
- Proficiency with social media platforms, HootSuite, GSuite, Slack, Microsoft Office and strong working knowledge of technology.
- Existing social presence (social media content production skills and copywriting skills are a plus).
- Previous knowledge of photography programs, graphic design, apps, including Canva and WebFlow, a plus.
- Working knowledge and interest in policy, particularly in the veteran and educatiion space, a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Social media marketing experience: 1 year (Required)
At this time, this position is fully remote, with a preference for candidates residing in the Washington, DC, and NYC areas. This position will require travel once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance