On-Demand Group (ODG) is a global family-owned IT consulting firm that has been in business since 1996 and is headquartered in Minnesota. ODG holds several certifications, including WBENC/WSOB (Woman-Owned), SDB, CERT, TBG and DBE in order to align with organizations who have diversity and sustainability initiatives.
Key areas of success in delivering senior-level IT resources for consulting, contract-to-hire and direct hire needs are the following but not limited to: Developers, Programmers, QA, BA, DBA, Security Analyst, System Analyst, Project Management, System Admin, Security Engineers and Network Engineers - all working in various applications. ODG also provides offshore resources that reside in the Philippines.
Please visit the company’s website to learn more about On-Demand Services Group.
Our client is looking for a Senior Product Designer who can lead the way in concepting and designing digital products that connect people and brands. If you can craft and validate intuitive interactions and unique experiences, we'd like to meet you.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Product Design team, you will play a key role in the product design process. You’ll be right in the mix as they develop the strategies, concepts and designs of experiential platforms, apps, and websites. Product designers are responsible for leading discovery workshops and design sprints, conducting iterative research, presenting concepts to clients, and working in tandem with their in-house and client development teams.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will stay with projects from start to finish as a member of a business operating team.
Product Discovery & Definition
This is building understanding and empathy time: conducting user interviews, stakeholder interviews, competitive research, visual design explorations, strategic analysis, contributing to technical feasibility assessments, and client persuasion.
Artifacts created range from personas to user journeys, storyboards, conceptual prototypes, heuristic evaluations, usability tests, user flows and product ecosystem diagrams.
This is where experiences are shaped by defined features and functions, design concepts and channel considerations (mobile, web, in-store, out-of-home, TV, etc.).
A full range of design artifacts is created. Product designers determine fit-for-purpose design deliverables based on the needs of the client and technology partners. These include design comps, functional prototypes, user stories, etc..
You will be the product design lead throughout development. It’s your responsibility to work closely with developers and collaborate on development progress to protect design intent and ensure product quality.
Typically in parallel with development, you will document pattern libraries and visual design systems as companion pieces to the code.
Throughout the Project
You’ll be responsible for the product vision from start to finish. You will keep client, customer, and product goals at the forefront of your conversations and work throughout the lifecycle of a project.
You must have a strong point of view on what you are designing – its purpose, who it is for, why it matters – and be able to convincingly share your POV. Representing and speaking for design decisions will mean presenting both internally and to clients.
Work alongside development teams in dual track sprints, making critical decisions to move development forward without compromising design intent.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
You have a strong product design portfolio showing problem-solving acumen with previous work samples (workshops, workflows, sprint plans, user testing, wireframes, comps, prototypes). Our client wants to see a diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of color, typography, and applied design principles.
- 5+ years of product design experience at a digital agency, startup, or in a large client-side organization
- A point of view on product design that can be convincingly communicated to clients and internal teams.
- Proven and repeated success record of planning and leading design sprints
- Understanding of OS-specific guidelines including Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and Android's Material Design, as well as Accessibility guidelines
- Deeply detail oriented, but able to recognize when and how to think big picture
- Comfortable with standard tools of the trade (esp. Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, Invision, Webflow, etc) and able to learn new tools quickly
- Knowledge and application of user-centered-design / human-centered-design methodologies
- Proven experience with ecommerce, purchase paths, and transactional product design
- Experience with iterative prototyping and testing, and dual track agile design/development
- A passion for your craft, and desire to work in a fun, free, and creative environment