CommunityConnect Labs is a tech-first social impact organization. We are a leading provider of technology solutions that help local and state governments conduct outreach and engagement to their most underserved residents. We are a fast-growing organization positioned to dramatically increase our impact over the coming years.
Last year, we served over 10 million people, to activate participation in the Census, to vote in Elections and get COVID relief. We did this by providing mobile web, text SMS, and mobile app outreach solutions, as well as content and strategy advisory services.
Our Census outreach project alone yielded a 4500x ROI, providing an estimated $12.2billion in federal funding for essential services.
Our success has been recognized across the country. We are winners of the Battery Powered Award, Twilio Social Impact Fund, Amazon Imagine grant, and awards from New Media Ventures and Full Circle Fund. Our work has been evaluated by governments and published in statistical journals.
To learn more about our work and impact visit https://www.communityconnectlabs.com.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate marketing manager who is searching for meaningful, values-first, social impact work.
While the issues that we tackle - public health outreach, access to government services, job training, homelessness, essential human services - are challenging, you will have the opportunity to help some of our most vulnerable residents.
Specifically you will:
- Help us influence decision-makers at high levels of government and help them embrace technology as a resource for delivery critical services. Your work will enable federal, State, local governments and nonprofits to provide better services for low-income communities at scale.
- Have the opportunity to help solve some of the country’s hardest problems.
- Help us make a concrete, tangible difference in the lives of millions of people all across the country.
- Join a supportive, and adventurous environment with smart, engaged colleagues who come to work every day with the organization’s mission in mind.
- Have flexibility on work hours/schedule and work location.
- Create strategies and tactics to implement high-traffic integrated campaigns for state and local government programs that raise engagement and visibility
- Develop, create, and test content to optimize success
- Collaborate cross-functionally (implementation, product, technology) to develop, launch, and grow successful integrated marketing campaigns
- Position CommunityConnect Labs as a leader in the mobile-messaging and nonprofit spaces
- Bring critical thinking and innovative solutions to solving complex marketing challenges
- Understand gaps in data across channels, articulate why, and lead steps to optimize results
- Lead strategic and day-to-day marketing management, including managing contractors, freelance writers, designers, social media manager, video editors, and other project advisors and consultants
- We are a small, flexible, growing team with limited resources. The ability to multitask and to move between projects with agility and ease is critical. We rely on creativity, resilience, humor, and a strong work ethic to do more with less and to quickly adjust when priorities change.
- 5+ years experience in online marketing and social media
- Proven ability to collect, analyze, and optimize metrics (email open rates/click through rates/Google Analytics)
- Strong project management skills with a collaborative working style
- Proactive, motivated, positive attitude and sense of humor
- Intermediate design skills: Photoshop, InDesign, or Canva
- Intermediate web content publishing skills with CMS such as Webflow, Wordpress
- Creative, PR, agency, journalism experience preferred
- Spanish language proficiency required
Compensation: We offer generous benefits and a salary commensurate with the market rate at growing technology nonprofits. Expected salary is 50% below private-sector market rate marketing management roles.
Our Team’s Culture and Benefits: We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits including health benefits and professional development opportunities.
We are impatient changemakers. The work is challenging and fast-paced. The hours are long and we expect the highest quality of work from ourselves.
We offer you the flexibility to make daily choices that can help you to be healthy, centered, and productive. We are a mission-driven company where you can do your best, most important work for society. We continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where our people's talents are nourished and can shine.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us to achieve our mission.
*Please include a cover letter along with your résumé
Location: Anywhere in the US