Americano is a brand design studio that uses AI to create full brand personalities, each project we take on is totally different from the next. With that, graphic scopes encompass a wide range of 2D needs — both digital and physical. The right candidate will demonstrate excitement for working across a variety of execution types as well as a persistent curiosity of new mediums and methods to try.
We are the design partner for Drifter Spirits who owns Avuá Cachaça, Svöl Aquavit, soon Drifter Craft Cocktails, and will be releasing some amazing new craft spirits in the near future. At Drifter Spirits our mission is to scour the world for the most unique, beautifully crafted products for the modern bar program.
Americano is looking for a talented and versatile Junior Graphic Designer & Marketing Activator to join our growing team with a focus on our partnership with Drifter Spirits.
The Junior Graphic Designer & Marketing Activator will work both independently and collaboratively (alongside both the creative director and the brand partners) at varying capacities: leading projects individually, leading projects in partnership with a teammate, or supporting portions of projects a teammate is leading.
- Development of original brand identity systems & collateral
- Packaging design & 3D mockups to effectively communicate concepts
- Creating and updating dielines for mass distributed print projects
- Print and digital graphics for marketing campaigns.
- Graphics could include: social and web assets, printed assets, branded swag, packaging, digital interfaces, micro-sites, video assets, and more.
- Presentation design
- Website design (primarily SquareSpace, but knowledge of other platforms a plus)
- Motion design is a big plus
- Social media posts & stories
- Sell sheet updates
- Presentation cleanups
- Business card orders
- Event designs (eventually)
- New brand updates (website, icons, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of creative execution with 2-5 years of experience
- Have experience working specifically with marketing executions
- Having a deeper understanding of the alcohol beverage space is a big plus
- Demonstrate super strong graphic/typography skills and a keen design eye
- Have experience in both building original brand identities and tightly following existing brand guidelines
- Demonstrate a passion for staying on top/ahead of design trends and culture
- Be confident and articulate in presenting work (internally and externally)
- Speak up and offer perspectives that further push the work
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and manage several projects with various deadlines at any given time
- Have diligent follow-through on every task assigned
- Have the ability to work calmly under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Be a self-starter and act proactively
- Possess at least some working knowledge of print processes
- Possess at least some working knowledge of digital media
- Have stellar people & communication skills
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrate skills in the area of illustration (a plus but not a requirement!)
- Have knowledge or experience in simple animations/motion graphics (a plus but not a requirement!)
- Have knowledge or experience in web/UX/UI design (a plus but not a requirement!)
- Degree in Graphic/Communications Design AND/OR have the ability to demonstrate robust experience working in the field (formal college education/degree not required)
- Mastery of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Working knowledge of Google Workplace
- Working knowledge of Google Slides and/or Powerpoint
- Knowledge of Wordpress, Invision, Sketch, Webflow, Figma or other digital software/platforms is a big plus!
- Knowledge of AfterEffects or other animation/video editing software is a big plus!
Application Process: Please send your relevant or translatable work experience to the email provided. Please include links to examples of your work/portfolio. Calls will not be accepted, and we will reach out to you with further questions and to schedule an interview if we think there is potential for a good fit.
- Pay: $30,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
- COVID-19 considerations: Americano has always been a remote design studio, so most COVID-19 precautions don't apply to our working conditions.
- Full Time Opportunity: Yes
- COVID-19 Precaution(s): Remote interview process, virtual meetings