Welcome to Poetic.
For over a decade, Poetic has moved our partners years ahead of their competitors. The strategies, technologies, and products created in our office allow companies to be competitive today and define tomorrow.
We believe a thriving culture is about good people you can rely on working toward a common goal. Our culture helps make us a truly exceptional company, and it's our people who continually drive us forward.
We are looking for forward-thinking designers to join our fast-paced and highly innovative team.
As a Poetic creative, your role is to improve the design process with every project, while producing amazing work that answers the needs of our respected clients. You will be challenged every day to bring visual answers to our creative questions.
You can expect the following steps during our interview process:
- An initial 30 minute phone call to learn more about you
- In-person or video interview
- A challenge project
Your role requires interaction with data, strong design principles, and a true passion to solve problems with our creative and development teams. You will need to communicate rationale for design decisions to project/creative leads. We highly value those who are motivated and push themselves and their team to produce work that thoughtfully guides, attracts, and engages users.
We value knowledge in the following:
- A collaborative team player with a strong creative voice and vision
- Familiarity with agile processes and quick deliveries
- You enjoy cross-functional collaboration with multiple teams to achieve a consensus on design and are comfortable working in a fast paced company with the ability to take on different projects while maintaining calm under pressure.
- You've created modular, scalable wireframes and mockups that creatively apply consistent interface patterns across a variety of use cases and device types
- Produce design specifications, and assets for development on web and mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of creative tools such as; Adobe CC, WebFlow, and Figma with an eagerness to learn new technologies as needed
- Conceptual & creative thinking
- Knowledge of current design trends and best practices
- An understanding of the fundamentals of UX / UI
- An understanding of wireframing and prototyping desired (Figma or Sketch)
- Basic understanding of front-end web development, including HTML and CSS
- Comfortable with collaborating and taking direction from leadership
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for learning new skills
- Resume and work samples as either a PDF or website link along with any references.
- Past digital experience a must.
Aside from technical skill, we care deeply about the personal values of our employees. When we select a candidate for review, you'll be vetted for your skills as much as for the fit to the team. Some of the values we care about are:
- You like to receive and give constructive feedback
- You have a continual thirst for knowledge and desire for self-improvement
- You are a self-starter and are driven by purpose
- You take initiative and champion projects and causes
- You contribute to your team and the greater good concurrently
Our employees are the heartbeat of the company, and we want to take care of you too:
- Quality health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave