Spoiler Alert is a Boston-based software company helping perishable CPG brands manage excess and slow-moving inventory. Working exclusively at the manufacturing plant or distribution center level, Spoiler Alert offers a best-in-class B2B sales platform that enables food & beverage brands to manage their liquidation processes across a private network of discount retailers and nonprofit channels - with a heavy focus on maximizing value recovery, strengthening customer relationships, and increasing the effectiveness of supply chain managers tasked with handling these typically manual sales processes. faFounded by alumni of MIT, Spoiler Alert works with some of the world's largest brands, including Campbell's, Danone, HelloFresh, KeHE Distributors, and Kraft Heinz, along with a growing network of discount channels committed to increasing affordable food access.
While we care deeply about our customers’ financial and operational improvements, our team’s hearts and minds are motivated by the impact our work has in addressing some of the largest environmental and social opportunities of our generation - at the intersection of food waste, resource deficiency, climate change, affordable nutrition, and hunger. We couldn’t be more excited to be combining critical technology breakthroughs - including workflow automation, augmented intelligence, wholesale ecommerce, traceability, and supply chain management - to an industry that is so critical for daily life.
Born out of MIT in 2015, Spoiler Alert is headquartered in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood and is backed by some of the nation's leading food, agriculture, and supply chain investors. For more about Spoiler Alert, visit spoileralert.com or our social channels: Twitter & LinkedIn.
Spoiler Alert is looking for our first marketing hire. We are an enterprise software solution that helps food manufacturers and grocery distributors manage excess and distressed inventory. We have strong partnerships with global CPG brands, and we’re looking for a hungry and creative early- to mid-career marketer to build and scale our acquisition strategy.
In this role, you will have autonomy to shape marketing strategy and ownership of the marketing funnel. This role requires flexing multiple skill sets across growth and content marketing and partnering closely with our Sales, Product and Customer Success teams to bring our value prop to life. We’re looking for someone who can think big picture about our go-to-market strategy, then execute quickly. We are firm believers in the value of effective marketing and see this as a pivotal role for our success moving forward.
We have a big mission and large market opportunity, and this individual should be passionate about leveraging technology and supply chain analytics to reduce waste and increase food access. The ideal candidate will possess an extreme sense of urgency and an aptitude at navigating a fast-paced environment with evolving objectives and solution offerings.
As the face of marketing, you will be responsible for defining and owning our Marketing goals, initially reporting into our VP of Sales, and working in close collaboration with our VP of Customer Success. As we scale, further investments will be made to grow the team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Build and execute a growth strategy to achieve customer acquisition goals, leveraging both organic and paid tactics
- Collaborate with our VP of Sales to develop email marketing and awareness building campaigns that educate prospects on our solution and increase engagement
- Design and execute A/B testing experiments and multi-channel marketing campaigns - with and without budget
- Orchestrate our content direction and strategy through strong cross-functional collaboration across members of the Leadership team and in coordination with Design
- Establish and monitor marketing analytics to synthesize key takeaways, and lead the iteration process to drive conversion rate optimizations
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of marketing activities on sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length
- Partner with our VP of Customer Success to bring our customers’ results to life through testimonials, press releases, case studies, and other initiatives that boost our credibility and reputation
- Manage the content and direction of our website by collaborating with internal and external resources to make site improvements that increase traffic, conversion and engagement
- Create engaging content to be used throughout the stages of our buyer’s journey, including lead generation email campaigns, blog posts, webinars, white papers, and sales enablement materials
- Maintain broad awareness of our competitive landscape and macro industry forces, adapting our positioning and messaging across all content channels accordingly
Your time will split out into 60/30/10 focus on A) growth marketing and demand generation, B) content marketing, and C) product marketing, respectively. You will be goaled on 1) MQL generation, 2) website and blog traffic and conversion rate growth over time, and 3) identification and completion of foundational work to improve the growth engine.
- 3-5 years of B2B marketing experience within a SaaS or technology company: ideally experience in both growth marketing and content marketing
- Growth marketing skill set: Experience designing top-of-funnel campaigns across multiple channels - email, web, paid, etc. Experience supporting outbound sales efforts, owning an ad budget and establishing marketing analytics
- Content marketing skill set: Strong written and storytelling abilities. Experience working closely with product teams to translate complex concepts into easily digestible content
- Execution oriented mindset - with the drive and scrappiness to get it done.
- Self-starter who can operate in ambiguity
- Experience with Google Analytics, Optimize and Ads, as well as Hubspot and/or Salesforce.com.
- Ability to work with Webflow and Google Tag Manager is a plus
- Passion towards company’s mission and interest in sustainability and food waste reduction
Spoiler Alert is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We offer a remote-first work environment, with the flexibility to work remotely or in-person from our Boston headquarters.
Employee benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Subsidized health and dental insurance plans
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Pre-tax 401(k) and post-tax Roth 401(k) options
- 12 weeks of paid universal parental leave
- 15 company holidays, including an EOY rest week
- 15 vacation days and 5 sick days per year
- Life insurance and paid family and medical leave
- Paid volunteer outings and civic engagement leave
- Learning & career development stipends
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Remote first work environment
We are a diverse team committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap or veteran status, or marital status.