At Spot, we’re building a product that can help professionals find a better balance between work and life. We believe in a world where you can work productively and collaboratively with coworkers while doing things that promote a healthier, happier you (like walking!). Spot is a meeting platform built for mobile that makes walking meetings possible with shared agendas in-app, hands-free note taking, and a virtual assistant to help streamline meeting follow ups.
If you join us, you’ll help shape:
- Our company culture and future teammates
- Our brand identity, growth strategy, and product positioning
- Our customers role in building the best version of Spot
Chief Marketing Officer - This role will report to our CEO. This person will need to juggle both brand and growth initiatives as an early hire in the company, leading projects like those of below.
- Refining our brand identity across channels and building out our initial organic marketing engine across PR, content, social media, ambassador/influencer, email marketing, and partnerships.
- Oversee our Community Ambassador program: build out the program framework for ambassador marketing and optimize based on program learnings
- Creating a best-in-class content marketing strategy with a strong focus on distribution
- Iterate and experiment on social media platforms, bringing Spot’s approachable and down to earth brand voice to life
- Help users use Spot more effectively with smart user engagement and retention strategies. Own and evolve our customer lifecycle messaging strategy across email, app, and notifications.
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” within the company:
- Lead customer research in partnership with our UX manager
- Oversee our customer experience department and infrastructure to ensure timely customer responses
- Evolve our product positioning and messaging based on actionable customer insights and feedback from our community
- Partner with our CEO and product team on product-led Growth initiatives, including referral, invite and notification strategy. In the future, this could also include bringing on a paid marketing agency and overseeing their performance.
- Mentor and manage our small yet mighty marketing team: our Community Manager and Social Media manager
The right person for this role could come from a variety of backgrounds. We recognize that experience comes in many forms and passion for what we are building can go a long way in helping us achieve our goals. Diverse teams and perspectives will help us build the best possible version of Spot, and we encourage everyone to apply (even if your experience doesn’t match exactly with what we’ve outlined.)
- 5-7 years of experience working in a core B2B marketing function. This might look like growth/demand gen marketing, product marketing, content marketing, or CRM marketing where you managed cross-channel marketing campaigns. Bonus points for B2B marketers with experience in workplace productivity tools
- Experience with and confidence learning modern marketing tech stack tools. Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM/ESP software, workflow software, analytics software, and content management systems (e.g. Contentful, Wordpress, Webflow).
- Excellent project management skills, ability to multitask effectively, and work cross-functionally
- A passion for putting the customer at the center of all marketing efforts, and working collaboratively with customers to incorporate feedback
- Strong writing and editing chops, with a talent for distilling complex ideas into plain language in your briefs, strategies and in long-form content.
- Excitement to be a part of building a company from the ground up.